This programme provides apprentices with the knowledge and performance skills required to become a proficient Data Analyst.
Learners will gain:
- A theoretical and practical understanding of data
- Knowledge of key data concepts, tools and technologies
- An understanding of modelling techniques
- Techniques to analyse data
- The ability to produce visualisations to support effective data-driven decision making
Level Of Study
SCQF Level 8
Technical Apprenticeship in Digital Technology for Data Analytics at SCQF Level 8
Awarded by SQA
No set requirements
English Language Requirements
Mode Of Study
Blended and work-based learning
Assessment methods may include a personal reflective statement, workplace observation, witness testimony or professional discussion
Online and work-based
About this course
About this course
Apprentices on the Data Analytics SCQF 8 programme will experience a revolutionary way of studying. Forget outdated traditional teaching methods – our apprentices have access to a brand-new online learning platform and follow Digital by Design (DxD) methodology, the unique blended learning solution which sets us apart from other providers.
Apprentices will benefit from:
- Cutting edge technology
- On-demand support from tutors
- Engaging, modern and relevant content
- Self-paced access to materials
- Collaboration with other learners
This means a more personalised learning experience, quicker completion, and instant impact in the workplace.
Watch the video below to find out more about Digital by Design (DxD) and its three key stages - Discover, Practise, Apply.
You will be equipped to work in roles such as:
- Data Analyst
- Data Insight Analyst
- Data Visualisation Engineer
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Principles of Project Management
- Digital Transformation
- Meta Skills and Transformation
Technical and Professional Skills Units
- Technical Upskilling: Fundamentals of SQL
- Data Modelling and Management
- Planning Data Analysis
- Transforming Data for Analysis
- Analysing Data
- Visualising and Communicating Data
- Implementing Machine Learning (optional)
Learners should be given 2-3 working hours per week to dedicate solely to their apprenticeship programme, where they will complete digital learning activities. Over the course of the programme, they will also be required to attend virtual classroom training for a total of 15 days which is typically held in 2-3 day training blocks.
You'll have a whole team behind you to help you get the most out of your apprenticeship, including:
- Your line manager
- A skills coach
- A safeguarding specialist
- A learning support specialist
There are no set entry requirements for learners. The only thing to bear in mind is that your job role must fit your chosen apprenticeship qualification, allowing you to complete the relevant modules. QA will undertake a role-matching exercise to help you.
Partnering with you to power potential
We can work together to help recruit tech and digital apprentices or help reskill your existing workforce and provide your business with the in-demand tech skills you need.
Get in touch with us. Our team will respond within 48 hours.