Since joining QA, Gerry has worked with customers across a wide range of industry sectors including Finance (Goldman Sachs, Barclays, Clydesdale Bank), IT (HP, Dell), Consulting (Accenture and Deloitte), Transport (Network Rail) and FMCG (Nestlé and Diageo). Much of his work is in QA’s Project Management Learning Consultancy group where Gerry’s 25 years of industry experience and facilitative style are extremely well received. He supports the implementation of project management through consulting, project assurance, business change and learning assignments, several of which have been global engagements. Gerry has a unique ability to design and deliver innovative and engaging solutions – with a strong emphasis on experiential and fun learning.
"In over 20 years of working within OD and L&D, Gerry is one of the few that sticks out due to his facilitation skills, commitment, knowledge and how quickly he understood our business."
In his role as a Learning Consultant, Gerry also supports the wider QA community in project management, Agile and leadership learning.
Specialist Areas/Professional Qualifications
- Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
- Diploma in Management Studies
- Post Graduate Certificate in Project Management (Distinction)
- Napier University: Mechanical-Electrical Engineering
- Professional Development Award: Teaching in Further Education
- CIPD: Post-graduate Diploma in Learning and Development
- PMI (Project Management Institute): PMP
- APM (Association of Project Management): APM PMQ, Risk Level 1
- AXELOS: PRINCE2; Managing Successful Programmes, Earned Value Management
- AGILE: Agile Project Management, AgileSHIFT, Certified SAFe® Practitioner, BCS Agile Foundation,
- APMG: Change Management
- Training Foundation: TAP Certificate in Training Design and Delivery
- Association of Project Management: MAPM (Full Member)
- PMI: PMP®
- CIPD Member
- CMI Member
Prior to joining QA, Gerry was employed as a Senior Program Manager with Cadence Design Systems (the world’s largest independent design services consultancy). Primarily working in the field of Research and Development, he led multiple design, consulting and business improvement projects for major clients such as Philips, Sony, IBM, Nokia and Roche as well as managing design projects on behalf of a number of smaller ‘start-up’ organisations.
After graduating, Gerry spent several years as an industrial designer and moved into project management with Motorola, ultimately assuming the position of New Products Introduction Manager for Motorola’s Global Smartcard Division. Gerry has also worked as a part-time Business Management Lecturer with West Lothian College. This role entailed the design and delivery of Business Management diploma/degree courses as well as in-house learning programmes.