David’s IT career started in 1990, when he took on the role as a Database Administrator as a favour for his boss. He re-directed his career into the Client Server side of Microsoft with NT4, and then progressed to Active Directory and each subsequent version of Microsoft Client/Server Operating Systems. In 2007 he joined QA as a Technical Trainer and has delivered training in Server systems from 2003 to 2016 and client systems from XP to Windows 8.1.
Currently, David is the Principal Technical Learning Specialist for Alibaba Cloud and also delivers training in Azure cloud computing, specialising in infrastructure compute and storage.
David also delivers training in Microsoft PowerShell.
Specialist areas/professional qualifications
- Alibaba Cloud
- Microsoft Azure Cloud
- TAP Certified L & D Practitioner
- 2000-2002 NT4 Server and client administrator
- 2002-2004 Server 2003 Administrator, Network engineer
- 2004-2007 Server, client and network installation manager/architect
- 2007-2019 QA Technical instructor
- 2019-present QA Principle Technical Learning Specialist