Our exciting apprenticeship role just a few minutes bus journey from Newcastle City Centre at The FoodHouse which is located at the John Buddle Work Village, Newcastle upon Tyne.
We are looking for an enthusiastic apprentice to join our team to provide creative ideas to help achieve our business goals.
We require a confident and target driven person to work alongside our team. You should be able to work under pressure and haveexcellent computer skills.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Creation of new and updating of existing The FoodHouse and other business associated websites
- Development of new website platforms, services and products to match services as required by the Directors
- A desire to learn and use multiple programming languages for App and Web development
- A basic understanding of HTML. CSS, PHP, MySQL and familiarity with WordPress / WooCommerce functionality
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- A burning desire to learn new programming techniques and existing programming in a fast-paced changing environment
- A good working portfolio with working examples of code to demonstrate competitiveness
- Ability to use own initiative
- Flexible approach to work
- Well presented, polite and well-spoken
- Positive 'can do' attitude
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Working week: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm. This may also include work outside of these hours up to 9pm but will be subject to an agreed rota.
Salary: £8,092 Per Annum
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.