The overall purpose of the position will be to provide high quality support to Bytes Software Services staff.
- Resolving users support calls
- Managing support calls throughout their life cycle
- Using online Service Desk to handle support calls
- Provide consistently professional and high-quality interface between Systems
- Support and its customers
- Hardware Builds (Laptops & Desktops via Microsoft SCCM)
- Application Installation (via Microsoft SCCM)
- Liaising with external resources (suppliers/manufacturers/support providers
- Client Applications – Microsoft Office
- Hardware – First level PC maintenance (replacing PC memory, hard disks, graphics cards)
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Ability to provide training to other team members, and other employees
- Ambitious and willing to work towards specialisation in corporate systems
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Good documentation skills
- Articulate, Literate, Presentable, customer facing and technically astute.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and willing to learn
- Punctuality and good time keeping are essential to this role
- Team player
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
Necessary training on products and applications where required. Bytes Software Services Ltd provides a full induction program to assist inintegration to the organisation.
The individual will also be expected to attendtraining courses and take exams to assist with keeping up the business’ vendor accreditations.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.