Working with M&G as a Software Testing Apprentice means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investments business.
M&G plc is a leading savings and investments business which was formed in 2017 through the merger of Prudential plc’s UK and Europe savings and insurance operation and M&G Investments, its wholly-owned international investment manager.
We’re working hard to build a technology foundation fit for a modern digital, insight-led, responsive business. As part of this exciting transformation we are seeking a highly motivated and conscientious Apprentice who is interested in working in the QA team, in our Edinburgh Technology Hub.
This apprenticeship will give successful candidate a practical introduction to the Software Testing environment of an FTSE 100 investments and savings firm, whilst providing early exposure to a range of technology experiences.
We’re working hard to build a technology foundation fit for a modern digital, insight-led, responsive business. As part of this exciting transformation we are looking for Software Tester to work with us in Edinburgh.
As a Tester you will be working within cross functional teams to deliver Quality Assurance across multiple features and projects within the M&G plc.
Testers advance the QA community through sharing of best practice, mentoring others and leading the scenario definition, writing scripts and executing testing both manually and where possible via automation.
What we will teach you:
- How to use different testing tools and techniques
- How to research, plan and train others within the team
- How to solve problems and opportunities in existing processes, driving the collection of information and creation of recommendations for improvements
- How to seek a solution using large amounts of conflicting information
- How to design and execute a wide range of testing & non-functional testing techniques and communicate test results to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- How to raise defects with the business and helping your prioritise them based on defect severity
- How to operate within fast paced agile environments
Your duties will include:
- Identifying test scenarios and acceptance criteria for stories and requirements
- Writing and executing manual and automaton test scripts
- Reporting on test results
- Mentoring and coaching other team members
- Managing risks arising from the test results
- Experience working in cross functional teams
- Experience contributing to, and achieving, continuous improvement goals
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of accuracy and good attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Can absorb large amounts of conflicting information and use it to determine solutions
- Problem solving way of thinking
- Basic understanding of MS Office (Word, Outlook)
- Strong Excel spreadsheet skills
- A proactive team player who is confident about working independently
- Logical and analytical approach coupled with intelligence, passion and a drive to learn
- The role would ideally be suited to a confident individual with a positive outlook and good attention to detail.
- They should have a strong desire to learn and be keen to start their career in a financial services environment.
- The successful applicant should enjoy working as part of a team and be able to manage their time effectively.
- The applicant would ideally have an inquisitive, can-do attitude and have an efficient approach.
- 35 hours per week Monday - Friday
- £325.50 per week
- As a Software Testing Apprentice, you will undertake Software Development SCQF 6 & 8 with QA.
- This is a fixed term contract for 18 months upon which the business may decide to retain, subject to the apprentice performance, headcount and available funding.
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.