This role will be a crucial part of our technical development team, focusing on designing and implementing improvements to the design and functionality of our website and in-house software.
It will a broad role, with the opportunity to learn lots of great tech skills. The successful candidate will learn a range of skills in how to improve efficiency by utilising technology and automation.
Main role / Responsibilities:[will include but not be limited to]:
- Ongoing maintenance and bug fixes that arise within the software as well as providing “front line support” to other colleagues and customers using it.
- Design and implementation of new functionality within the software/website
- Handling technical inquiries
- Running system reports
- Data Entry/Validation
- Previous experience working in an office environment
- Some knowledge of IT hardware and networking
- Have an interest in technology and automation
- A desire to want to learn complex programming languages and to continue learning as your skills develop
- Some knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Ability to use excel
- Have good time management skills & be able to work within deadlines
- Be a team player with excellent communication skills
- Be self-motivated and enthusiastic and like to take pride in your own work
6 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths plus GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade D or above.
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm / 40hrs a week.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.