Working with M&G as a Service Management Support Apprentice means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investments business.
M&G plc is a leading savings and investments business which was formed in 2017 through the merger of Prudential plc’s UK and Europe savings and insurance operation and M&G Investments, its wholly-owned international investment manager.
A firm is built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centered on the needs of customers and clients. We’re working hard to build a technology foundation fit for a modern digital, insight-led, responsive business. As part of this exciting transformation we are seeking a highly motivated and conscientious Apprentice who is interested in working in the Service Management team, in our Technology Department in Stirling.
This apprenticeship will give successful candidate a practical introduction to the Service Management function of an FTSE 100 investments and savings firm, whilst providing early exposure to a range of technology experiences.
The Service Management function are a business aligned service, who provide appropriate levels of control and service to all of our customers at M&G PLC. The Service Management function are transforming the services provided, leveraging our partners and aligning shared services to the appropriate functions, to maximise the capability.
As a Service Management Support Apprentice, you will support the Service Managers and Service Support function across a variety of ITIL processes and work alongside internal and strategic partner resources to ensure requirements are met as well as identifying opportunities for improving Service wherever possible. You will be fully trained and supported throughout your apprenticeship on how to use a variety of applications to help deliver these tasks and understand the processes, whilst also developing your knowledge of the business.
Your daily duties will include:
- Dealing with non-urgent requests from the business
- Building a network of contacts across technology and our partners
- Assisting the production of ad-hoc, weekly and monthly reporting
- Attending Service Review meetings with our Service Managers to gain an understanding of the business units and the challenges they face
- Analysis of Problem tickets in line with the Problem Management function objectives
- Assisting in the management of Change records raised by our IT teams and partners
- Assisting in the management of Major Incidents across the business
- Assisting with the Management of Service Level Agreements with the business
- Identifying areas for Service Improvement
- The role would ideally be suited to a confident individual with a positive outlook and good attention to detail.
- They should have a strong desire to learn and be to adapt to changing business requirements.
- The successful applicant should enjoy working as part of a team and be able to manage their time effectively.
- The applicant would ideally have an inquisitive, can-do attitude and have an efficient approach.
- 35 hours per week Monday - Friday
- £325.50 per week
- As a Service Management Apprentice, you will undertake IT Professional Apprenticeship SCQF 6 & 8 with QA.
- In addition, you will also complete ITIL 4 Foundation Service Management certification.
- This is a fixed term contract for 18 months upon which the business may decide to retain, subject to the apprentice performance, headcount and available funding.
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.