As an IT Technician apprentice you will work alongside the IT department to deliver valuable technical services and expertise to clients.
Main responsibilities: [Primary role is 1st line service desk duties such as:]
- Making ingoing and outgoing calls
- Working with customer to resolve or retrieve further diagnostic information for escalated support technicians
- Performing routine maintenance on servers such as: backup errors, disk space issues and updates
• This role will come with tailored in-house training during quiet periods. The opportunity to attend some installs to gain knowledge and experience also.
Desired skills and personal qualities:
- Able to communicate clearly in a non-technical manor.
- Be able to work in a team and on his/her own initiative
- Demonstrate practical knowledge and problem-solving skills
- Have high quality inter-personal skills
- Have a strong interest in Information Technology and keep abreast of new developments in software and hardware
- A natural interest and passion for computers & technology is desirable.
- The successful candidate will have a good knowledge of computers driven by enthusiasm & willingness to learn new skills.
- A DBS check will be performed upon beginning with Computeam.
- Dress code is smart.
- All candidates are welcome to apply, whether you’re able to drive or not, as this role be based predominantly based on our service desk.
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.