We are looking for an ambitious individual with a willingness to learn to join the team as an IT Service Desk Apprentice.This role would suit someone interested in combining their skills in IT with an interest in customer support.
Main role and responsibilities:
- Becoming a valued part of the Support team
- Providing 1st line Support via email and telephone
- Working with and escalating more complex issues to the technical team
- Communicating with customers at different levels to provide comprehensive support
- Supporting the project team with customer projects and providing support
- Liaising with developers to ensure best level of support for all customers
- Working closely with UK and international teams
- You will be expected to undertake any general admin tasks as required by your direct line manager and in your role
- In addition to the above, you are required to carry out such other tasks as are required from time to time for the efficient operation of the Employer's business
- You are to carry out such additional duties upon request of your line manager or the Managing Director of the Employer
- We don’t expect you to have a great deal of experience, but knowledge of business processes would be desirable as well as a professional and friendly manner and ability to learn new processes and systems
- Ability to interact with customers at all levels within the organization and build productive working relationships
- Most importantly we are looking for someone who is hardworking and has a willingness to learn
In order to apply for this position, you musthave a clean driving licence and your own vehicle as you will be primarily at different sites. [all mileage will be paid]
- Goal oriented
- Team player
- Willingness to learn
GCSE grade A-C in or equivalent grades in English and Maths, are essential.
This is a long term career opportunity for the right candidate, with scope for further development and increased salary (Depending on performance review).
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.