We are looking for a Junior Service Desk Engineer Apprentice. You will be working in a small team providing remote support to our clients, ensuring that SLA’s are met and the helpdesk function runs smoothly.You will report to the Service Desk Team Leader.This role is an excellent opportunity to get involved in a growing services business, we actively encourage individuals to take ownership of tasks and help us make improvements.
If you are well motivated IT professional who wants to feel that their contribution to a business is making a different, then this is the right position for you.
- Day to day desktop support of our clients (1st and 2nd Line) -- (80%)
- Maintenance of Monitoring and Proactive Management Systems -- (15%)
- Onsite visits -- (5%)
What will you learn in this role?
- Remote support of end user desktops
- Remote administration of server environments
- Understand how company backup and anti-virus solutions work
- Understand how networking components such as firewalls, switches and routers work
- You will get exposure to most technologies used in business ranging from 25 to 500 staff including Microsoft Server, Hyper-V, VMWare, Veeam, HP Servers
- The more you learn, the more you demonstrate your competency, the more exposure you will get to these technologies
Who this role would suit:
This role would suit an individual who feels that IT is their hobby and is now looking to find a role where they can expand on their knowledge and where they can learn from more experienced engineers.
You will also need to be able to learn by yourself and find solutions to problems.
If you’ve got a thirst for learning and an interest in all aspects of IT, then this role is a great opportunity for you to get started in the world of IT.
- Excellent customer service with a willingness to help and solve problems
- A self-starter willing to take ownership of tasks is essential for this role
- Well-presented and professional
- Ambition to develop with a thirst for knowledge
- Ability to write concise documentation
- A driving licence is desirable but not immediately essential
- Basic desktop troubleshooting skills including connectivity, printer, login and local computer problems
- 3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Important Information: QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.