This entry level position involves a significant amount of training in order to develop the applicant quickly, enabling them to perform a wide variety of security assessments to a high standard. Such assessments include (but are not limited to) External Infrastructure,
Web application, API, Firewall Ruleset and Remote Email Phishing Assessments.
The role will involve scoping client requirements through-to writing professional security assessment reports to a high standard.
This position includes the potential to secure a permanent position as a ‘Security Consultant’, leading to more advanced onsite security assessments.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Examine project requirements and provide accurate assessment scoping.
- Perform remote security assessments.
- Write security assessment reports.
- Liaise with clients to provide advice and answer queries.
- Develop knowledge and skills using training resources.
Desired skills: [Prerequisites]:
Although this role involves a significant amount of training, the following skills and characteristics would be beneficial.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts.
- Understanding of common Web technologies, HTML, HTTP, CSS etc.
- Proficient in common cyber security tools, Nmap, Metasploit, Burp Suite, etc.
- Proficient in at least one programming/scripting language, Ruby, Python, PHP, etc.
- Strong written English and communication skills.
- Involved in the cyber security community.
- Innovative, creative, driven and motivated.
- A-Levels in ICT/Business/Computing
- Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
- Or an International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.