Our busy office currently has an opportunity for a professional individual to fill the role of IT Technician. In this position, the successful applicant will be responsible for working with our integration team to build, test and manage client orders.
We are looking for a well-rounded character who can work well within an office environment and deal with pressure of meeting deadlines.
This opportunity is for someone who is looking for a start within the IT industry.
This apprenticeship offers an excellent grounding in computer hardware including; operating systems, networking, customer support, computer components.
In addition to this apprenticeship you will also undertake a number of Intel online training modules to further supplement your learning. This role is mainly office based but may require you to travel with or without another team member to client’s facilities to install, fix and troubleshoot systems.
- System integration – build system/s to client’s order spec
- System Testing – Validating system/s are in working order by means of software testing.
- Installation and setup of operating system if required
- Update newly integrated hardware to the latest firmware revisions
- Configuration of system settings as per client’s instructions
- Providing telephone and email support for our customers
- On-site support including installation and troubleshooting of systems
- Logistics – Arrange shipment labels and packaging
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
- You will integrate into this friendly, professional team
- There are plenty of perks to the job – snack food and drink is provided for the whole office free of charge, and company lunches
- A chance to visit client’s sites whether it be within the UK or abroad
- Opportunities to meet and interact with other major IT companies and Professionals within the industry
- Progression opportunity to Level 4 Apprenticeship
- Full time role within IT
- Degree Apprenticeship
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.