Vacancy overview:Currently seeking an ambitious individual who has a keen passion in IT in the Doncaster area of Yorkshire.
In this role you will have several responsibility sitting under IT support and infrastructure. This will include tasks from installing and maintaining systems all the way to developing local networks and running SQL reports.
The role is fantastic for someone who is keen to break into IT and has a real commitment to develop a career in this sector. The role will grow as you do with more responsibilityenhancing your abilities & knowledge
This opportunity will give an individual the chance to showcase their potential and also progress further in the company.
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.) & Check computer hardware (HDD, mouse’s, keyboard’s etc.) to ensure functionality.
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Provide reports required via SQL
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without preventing others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
Desirable Skills & Personal Qualities:
- Good communicator
- Eager to learn new technologies
- Positive can-do attitude
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Hard working
- Highly motivated
- Keen interest and background of learning in IT
- Good organisational and time-management skills
- Positive communication skills
Desired qualification requirements:
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s - grade C and above.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.