We are looking for an exceptional, pro-active and energetic individual who thrives in a challenging environment, who will be interacting with customers and working across dynamic Technical and Presales teams.
We understand that you might not currently have all the skills we require, but we are looking for someone who is willing and able to quickly learn new skills and technologies. Through training and mentorship, we will help you to deliver them professionally to our client base.
- Configuration, installation and technical support on various IT based equipment including switches, routers, firewalls, PC’s & servers etc.
- Configuration, installation and technical support on various IP network technologies including mobile phone (GPRS, 3G & HSDPA), wireless Microwave (PtP & PtMP, licensed & un-licensed), WiFi and wired systems including ADSL, CAT5/6 & fibre
- Configuration, installation and technical support on various IP based security equipment including digital codec’s, cameras and recorders
- Configuration of network management platforms (such as Solarwinds NPM & FortiManager)
- Production of professional technical & commercial proposals and content for client projects and tenders, ensuring projects are correctly scoped, assessed, technically specified, estimated and quoted within profit targets
- Assisting with configuration of Proof of Concept (PoC) laboratories, testing and associated documentation
- Efficient – Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort
- Organised– Plans, organises, schedules in an efficient, productive manner.
Focuses on key priorities:
- Intelligent – Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Work ethic – Possesses a strong willingness to work hard & sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Flexible– Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity & change
- High level of existing experience of IT systems
- The ability to communicate effectively & efficiently
- Eye for detail
- Self-Motivated / work under own initiative
- Ability to work effectively under time pressures.
- B+ GCSE grade in IT
Salary:£7605 per annum / Will be confirmed upon interview (based on age & experience) + team performance bonus, 20 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays) + Perk box + Work Place Pension
What we offer:
This role is based at our Steeton Head Office and there may be occasional requirements for accompanied site visits to customer sites (full expenses covered).
- Formal IT training (either day or block release)
- Full systems training & certification
- Ongoing skills training & certification
- Full team engagement & mentoring where input will help us achieve our ambitious growth plans
- Modern office environment
- Excellent career progression for the right candidate
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.