Your main duty will be to provide as an Apprentice Systems Engineer is to provide IT support to our Clients.
You'll be a key part of maintaining those high standards.
Through our selected Apprenticeship training provider QA, you'll receive the very best training available anywhere in the UK, with structured training and mentoring both from the training provider and through our own team.
The successful candidate will enrol onto QA's ICT Level 3 Cloud Support Specialist Apprenticeship standard a 15-month qualification, which incorporates both on the job & classroom learning.
Main role and responsibilities:
In time, this role will become far reaching, as well as providingtelephone and email queries we'll work with you to develop skills in many areas:
- First line technical support - helping to resolve PC, windows and peripherals problems and setting up new devices.
- Supporting with customer queries and answering incoming phone calls and emails.
- Working closely with a supportive team resolving issues.
- Project work whilst working through the apprenticeship.
- Helping set up new desktops and equipment
Desired skills and qualities:
- We can of course help you to develop your communication skills, but you'll need to bring enthusiasm and character to the table.
- You’ll need to have the attitude to learn and develop your skills.
- A can-do attitude.
- You'll need to be open to learn.
- Want to progress within the business and build a career.
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
- We aim for the business to invest and develop you for the long term
- Working within a company that have developed 5x long term IT apprentices
- Fantastic progression opportunities to 2nd line
- Opportunities to do Customer Visits when confident and ready
- Build relations with colleagues and customers some of who we’ve been working with for over 15 years
- Great way to learn Cloud skills with on the job training
- Work with the rest of the team (1st, 2nd and 3rd line engineers)
- Minimum of 21 days holiday, plus extra day for birthday, plus bank holidays.
- Generous Pension contributions
- Access to additional technical training videos / practise exams for use in and outside work time.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.