We are currently seeking an ambitious apprentice looking to start a career in the rapidly changing DevOps, information security and website hosting industry.
• Support the team to handle the day to day user requests from service desk system, Ticketing & Installations and Upgrades.
• Training programme is designed to provide real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform individuals into highly-skilled IT Apprentices.
• Apprenticeships will blend on-the-job experience, and online learning which will teach a range of new skills including: Webserver management and security, networking and architecture, Cloud services, coding and logic, business process.
• To learn to understand areas of knowledge which need improving and demonstrate an ability to manage independent research and improvement.
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
- Some experience with open source operating systems such as Linux
- Awareness of coding principles
- Familiarity with basic data security concepts an advantage.
- Enthusiasm for IT systems, coding languages and an interest in cyber security.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good organisation skills and be willing to learn.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- High attention to detail with problem solving skills and an ability to think creatively.
- Ambition, strong work ethic and open to new ideas.
Desired qualification requirements:
Must have 3 GCSEs A-C/9-4 Grades plus Maths and English grade D/3 or Equivalent)
Working week: 9.00am - 17.00pm
Salary: £10,400 per Annum
The opportunity to apply for a full time role on successful completion of the apprenticeship with new job title and enhanced pay and benefits
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.