We're looking for a Windows technical apprentice to join our growing Huddersfield team. This job requires excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong customer service focus. We offer the opportunity to work in ground-breaking technical projects and leading-edge technologies.
There is an excellent opportunity for career progression.
- Dealing with customers over the phone, email and remote desktop
- Working from a ticketing system and accurately logging all work and support queries
- Maintaining, configuring and troubleshooting Windows servers and Desktops
- Supporting Windows Server and Desktop
- Varying project work
- Asterisk knowledge, it would be a great advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good technical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to explain technical issues in easy to understand terms over the phone and in writing Good technical troubleshooting skills
- A strong focus on quality
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work well within a small team
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to pick up new skills and apply them in the work environment
- Be flexible in terms of working hours & conditions
- Be honest
- Be punctual
- Be able to work as part of a team and also on an individual basis
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
- Full time position
- Progression to level 4 or Degree Apprenticeship
- Wage increase
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.