We are expanding our Apprenticeship program even further for 2021 to keep pace with our continued success and growth and help to develop the next generation of our award winning and highly regarded support team.
We are welcoming applications from school leavers, graduates and other people with a passion for IT, a good grounding of basic IT and computing knowledge who are excited about the prospect of building a successful career in the IT industry.
We will provide a fully supported Apprenticeship program with a comprehensive training plan encompassing CompTIA, Microsoft and other vendor qualifications and certifications. You will have the opportunity to work with a diverse range of customers across a broad and fast moving selection of technology solutions.
Primary duties include:
- Provide support to the Support Heroes team by delivering exceptional support to customers across a range of routine and 1st/2nd line support and service requests, enabling our Support Heroes team to focus on rapid fantastic support to customers.
- Effective communication with customers to ensure they are engaged and aware in the progress of their support or service request – bad news is better than no news!
- Accurately record details of customer technical support requests via telephone, maintain and produce accurate and detailed notes in support of the work you have done for customers on their tickets
- Provide clear, effective communication on the telephone to customers both inbound and outbound
- Actively contribute to knowledge management and documentation of common fixes and processes.
- They will support our project team with new device prep and build , config, imaging
Required qualities, skills and experiences:
- Passion for IT & Technology
- Confident when dealing with clients
- Willingness & eagerness to learn
- Work well within a dynamic forward-thinking team
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.Find out more
5 days per week,Monday – Friday,9am-5:30pm,37.5hrs per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
The role may include taking part in a 24/7/365 outside of core working hours support rota
You will be paid £250 per week whilst in your apprenticeship
Benefits of the role:
This is an ideal opportunity to earn several industry-recognised qualifications and kick start your career in IT.
On completion of the Apprenticeship, the individual could secure a full time position as a first or second line engineer with Vital Technology, with a competitive salary, industry recognised qualifications and great prospects.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.