Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Bowe Digital have been providing a friendly, professional and reliable service to businesses of all sizes across the North East and throughout the UK for over 25 years.
We are now looking for a candidate to complete an IT Support Apprenticeship.
Main duties and key responsibilities:
[Will cover the following:]
- Installation of hardware and software - (CPU, GPU, PSU, RAM, HDD/SSD, Office, Serif, Adobe, LAN WAN, Firewall, VPNs etc.)
- Other maintained hardware - (Projectors, Printers, Phones, Laptops etc.)
- Group Policy Management - (Configuring and amending GPOs)
- Active Directory - (Configuring and administering AD, AD Azure, Distribution groups, security groups, user accounts)
- Configuration of key software and operating systems.
The below inclusive but not limited to:
- Windows Servers 2003 – 2016
- Microsoft Office 2013
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Office 365 & Exchange Administration
- Active Directory
- Network Troubleshooting
- Windows 7/10
- LAN/WAN, TCP/IP
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
As well as:
- Gain an understanding of maintaining and troubleshooting
- Expanding and maintaining the network infrastructure - (Pulling cables, patch panel work, Wall ports and switches etc.)
Required skills and Personal qualities:
- Excellent technical IT aptitude
- Proficiency with various IT software, hardware and cloud solutions
- Working as part of the technical team
- Ability to manage conflict
- Good delegation and prioritisation skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to support and motivate other staff members
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.Find out more
From 9am until 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Total of: 37.5hrs a week.
Starting salary will be £11k per annum.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.