We are a small Managed IT Service provider looking for a Junior Technical Support Engineer to provide services to our clients who we provide a full range of IT services to.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Providing 1/2nd Line support
- Responding to tickets efficiently
- Troubleshooting hardware, software and network problems.
- Installing, maintaining and support Windows Desktops, software applications and hardware accessories.
- Travel to client sites to provide hands on support.
This is a great opportunity to work with a small team and develop your IT skills.
- Some 1st line support experience.
- Ideally have at least 3 months experience in an IT role or course.
- Knowledge of Active Directory.
- Knowledge of networking IPv4.
- Good Windows Desktop support experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must have a valid UK driving license
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
There could be a permanent opportunity at the end of the apprenticeship or to progress on to a higher apprenticeship
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Working week: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
Salary: £10,500 Per Annum
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.