Apprenticewill support the IT manager with trouble shooting and IT assistance for students. The school requires anindividual to become part of the department and supporting students as well as staff due to increase in demand. The School has a mixture of cloud and on premise technology which the apprentice will help to support.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Install, setup, maintain and repair Computer hardware, clients, Laptops, Chromebooks, AV equipment and peripherals.
- First-line Technical Support, troubleshooting and re-imaging devices.
- Maintain an up to date Inventory of ICT equipment using internal Asset Management system, and ensure equipment is tagged and recorded.
- Routine administration including, data backup, active directory, group policy and Google Gsuite.
- Software deployment, installation, maintenance and upgrading
- To keep abreast of technological developments and encourage the use of ICT at all levels, in particular Gsuite.
- Participate in Online training to completion when required.
- To support staff and students with the set-up and preparation of ICT equipment around the School.
- Willingness to learn
- Attention to detail
Desired Qualifications: 5 GCSEs A*-C
Working week: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
Salary: £10,000 Per Annum
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.