Your role will involve being a customer facing representative at the store. You will be providing face to face IT/Technical support as well as back office, firstand second line support.
You will also be required to travel to Client Sites to provide IT support.
- User support (Provide support both remotely and face to face)
- Handling of the daily IT related operations of the client
- Provide Level 1 technical support for all clients remotely or onsite
- Managing purchasing of equipment
- Purchase orders and assigning invoices to the budget.
- Gathering of information, analysing symptoms and figuring out how to resolve all IT related issues that employees may face during their day to day operations
- The successful candidate will also be given the opportunity to assist in the configuration and operation of the company’s IT Infrastructure (this will include configuration and support of Local Area)
- Install, support and maintain computer hardware and software infrastructure
- Ensure all computer systems are functioning properly including file servers, database servers, POS terminals, CCTV, internet connection, PA System, WAN and VPN connection
- Liaise and negotiate with vendors or suppliers on quotation for setup, implementation, repair and maintenance of IT hardware & software
- To take ownership of Project work streams assigned by Directors
- Maintain proper administration records of IT equipment inventory, application software inventory, software licenses, IT equipment movement, networking & other IT related information
- Provide training, guidance and support to end users
You will be working with:
- Microsoft Office 2010/2013 (Outlook troubleshooting)
- Exchange 2013
- TCP/IP and DNS
- CVS and essential datamine – MySQL, phpMyAdmin, MSSQL
- Cloud Technologies (Azure, AWS, Office 365)
- Android and IOS
- Familiar with Windows operation systems and Microsoft office applications
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Good command of spoken and written English to understand user issues and provide workarounds
- Ability to multi-task and work under dynamic conditions and constraints with minimal supervision.
- 2 months experience in an IT environment
- Be able to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Have a good understanding of IT as a whole (areas including, hardware, software, mobile apps and networking)
- A full clean driving licence is essential for this role as you will be travelling to different Client sites
5 GCSE’s or equivalent A-C including Maths and English and A - Level/B-tech or Equivalentin IT based subject.
Working week:Monday – Friday, 9.00am - 5.30pm
Salary:£12,000 - £16,000 per annum.
- Competitive salary
- On the job training
- Ability to tap into the experience of seasoned IT professionals
- Free coffee
- Free weekly fruit in the office
- Take your pick of online training courses on the company academy account
This role requires extensive travel and will require 2 days in South London and 3 days traveling around Southampton and Ferndown. Candidates who reside around Guildford / Basingstoke / Reading or Winchester would be ideal.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.