In support of its core value of achieving world-class performance, the Company is looking to recruit a 1stLine Support Engineer who will be part of the Service Desk and will report to the IT Service Desk Manager.
The post will be based at Lackenby House, Tees Dock.
Main role and responsibilities:
The candidate will provide the following via telephone, email and remote hands-on:
- 1st line IT support on MS Windows 7 / 10 Desktops, Office 2010 / 2013 / 2016.
- 1st line IT Support on internal Business Applications, utilising procedures provided by the Business Application owners.
- Creation of Active Directory accounts and Mailboxes.
- Checking Symantec NetBackup Backups and performing restores.
- Ensuring calls are logged, updated and categorised correctly using the Service Desk Application.
- Ensure calls are escalated to the relevant teams where 1stline fix is not possible.
- Build PC’s and Laptops, when required, from a standard image using Microsoft SCCM (Training will be provided).
- Assist in the rollout of the Windows 10 Operating System on to the entire PD Ports estate.
- Follow to the PD Ports Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Processes
Desired skills and qualities:
- A good knowledge of technical applications and willingness to keep up to date with existing and forthcoming technologies is a requirement
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- A methodical and logical approach to problem solving are a pre-requisite
- A customer focused approach
- An analytical mind-set
If you feel you have the necessary right skills, knowledge and attitude to join our team, please apply in writing, providing full CV and cover letter.
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.