We are looking for someone to join our service desk team in our attractive offices, and form part of a small but lively development and support team. Full training will be provided, and there will always be possibilities for career development in this expanding business.
Main duties [will include but will not be limited to:]
- Acting as an initial point of contact for external and internal customers providing support to users; ensuring that all communications to the desk, phone calls, e-mails etc. are answered promptly and in a professional and courteous manner.
- Provide alert/event management utilising a suite of monitoring tools
- Follow agreed procedures and local work instructions (LWI) to enable effective service and support delivery responsibilities across a number of IT service functions in accordance with agreed SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Responsible for general incident management ensuring customers are provided with regular updates, and progression is made in line with Service Level Targets.
- Ensuring that all actions and diagnostics performed within life-cycle of incident is recorded accurately in the Service Management Tool and that the incidents/tickets are escalated to the 2nd Line Support team where appropriate and in a timely manner.
Who should apply:
- Someone who has excellent time management and organisational skills
- Someone who has a flexible approach to work at all times and the commitment to ensure tasks are completed to a deadline.
- Someone who is able to respond quickly to changing priorities and work unsociable hours.
- Someone who has the ability to produce clear and concise working processes and procedures
- Passion about Service Delivery
- Analytical & problem solving skills
- Excellent time management & organisational skills
- A flexible approach to work at all times and the commitment to ensure tasks are completed to deadline
- Able to respond quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to produce clear and concise working processes and procedures.
- Ability to work proactively, under one’s own initiative
- Keenness to learn and progress professional career
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Working week / Current shift pattern:
- 4 on 4 off – 12 hour shifts
- Shift pattern: 4 x 12 hour day shifts, followed by 4 days off, followed by 4 x 12 hour night shifts, followed by a further 4 days off, etc.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.