Overview / job description:
Are you passionate about IT?
Do you have a drive to learn and advance within this ever growing and changing sector? Then this is a fantastic opportunity to earn whilst you learn.
We are recruiting a motivated, high quality individual to join our IT Service Desk Apprenticeship Scheme within Gateshead NHS Foundation Trust. It is essential you have a keen interest in IT as well as being motivated and conscientious.
With support from a training programme lead and the IT Service Desk Team Leader you will be an effective member of a team. You will develop a wide range of IT Skills that you are able to put into practice within your role in the department. You will be expected to deliver remote support as well as some face to face support when users come to the department for support.
Main role / responsibilities:
Duties will vary, but may include some or all of the following:
- IT System support i.e. Medway,Filefast, Windip, ICE
- To undertake support duties at the direction of senior members of the team.
- Participate as a member of the IT Service Desk to deliver first line end user support to Trust and supported third party organisations
- General duties such as stock control and management.
- To deal with internal and external post as required.
- Develop record keeping skills by maintaining accurate, timely and legible records.
- Develop communication skills, responding to queries from teams or service users both face to face and on the telephone.
- Develop Technical Skills to provide the best possible support to the trust.
- To aid with project work where required.
- To assist teams within the department as and when required.
- To meet and greet visitors and service users when visiting the department and assist where possible.
- Participate in audits as and when required
- Attend and take part in team meetings and regular reviews with line manager and/or apprenticeship skills coach.
- Ability to approach work systematically.
- Willingness to undertake any training necessary to the role.
- Ability to respond to face to face and telephone enquiries to both internal and external customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Ability to liaise and interact with other colleagues and service users as and when required in a professional manner
- Ability to deliver high quality first line IT support services
- Be able to correctly identify the severity and impact an IT issue could have on the trust
- Ability to liaise with third party providers where needed
- Ability to use the Service Desk Management tool and manage your workload using this.
- Good keyboard skills- ability to input data accurately
- To be able to manage and prioritise your workload
- Being enthusiastic about IT and a willingness to learn
- Be empathetic to service user needs
- Friendly telephone manner
- Good timekeeping skills are essential
- Positive attitude towards work
- Motivated and conscientious
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s grade A-E in Maths, English or Functional Skills in Maths, English Level 2
- GCSE or Functional Skills ICT is also desirable
A permanent position is available for suitable candidates on completion of the apprenticeship.In order to progress to a permanent post within the Trust on completion of the programme, you will be expected to successfully complete the formal training elements of the programme, in addition to demonstrating a good understanding of the Trust’s Values and Behaviours.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POST, ALL APPLICANTS MUST ALSO APPLY AND COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ON NHS JOBS.
APPLY VIA THE FOLLOWING LINK: