The purpose of the job is to maintain and support the desktop client computing environments supported by the FDS Manchester Infrastructure group located at Blackley, Manchester.
- Provide telephone and remote first line IT support, liaising with other support teams and third parties
- Take ownership for basic technical customer problems by asking relevant questions and resolving typical problems.
- Escalate more complex issues to second line agents as necessary.
- Maintain and update the knowledge database and contribute to the maintenance of relevant procedure, operating and user manuals as directed
Desirable qualities, skills and experience:
- Basic knowledge of Windows 10 operating system and associated technologies
- Some PC hardware awareness and fault diagnosis skills
- Some customer service experience preferable
- Flexibility to travel to a customer site and work out of hours where necessary
- Ability to work well in a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Concern for standards and impact
- Customer Focus
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade C or above.
Three shift patterns: 6:45am – 3:00pm / 8:45am – 5:00pm / 9:45am – 6:00pm.
- Exposure to IT environment
- Good learning platform
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.