In this rolethe apprentice will work alongsidethe IT Service Desk team and field based technical teams which will be expected to provide technical advice guidance and support to users, both staff and managers for all hardware and software products installed.
- Undertake the installation of new and replacement desktop hardware and associated software, using standard installation instructions and diagnostic tools within established procedures and quality systems.
- Support with the integration, conversion and configuration of equipment, in order to assist with the roll out of new technology and systems throughout the Trust.
- Evaluate, test and monitor desktop hardware performance, report details of equipment installed and removed
- Maintain and reconcile equipment and user databases, ensuring that all change management procedures are followed
- Undertake directory and system administration for all end user devices including workstations, printers, tablets, smartphones and peripherals
- Provide a high quality customer service and technical advisory service to desktop users, resolve problems, maintain continuity of service and provide appropriate information and guidance
- Assist with the auditing of desktop equipment and maintenance of the hardware records
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers, contactors and internal customers regarding the ordering, delivery and repair of equipment
- Basic negotiation and consultation skills to effect positive and productive outcomes.
- Good written skills for the production of effective operational documentation.
- Abasic grasp of the principles of working within ITIL service support processes and practices and the application of quality and performance standards to all aspects of 1stand 2ndline technical support duties and systems
Significant personal motivation and drive is essential and he/she will need to take a logical, analytical approach to problem solving and pay close attention to detail.
At least 5 GSCE’s, including English, Maths and IT at GCSE grade C (grade: 9-4) or above.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.