Aegon Asset Management s a UK-based investment management business.
From Edinburgh, London and The Hague our Investment professionals manage £37.3 billion* on behalf of UK and international clients, including pension funds, financial institutions, charities, wealth managers, family offices and individuals. We have capabilities in fixed income, equities, property, cash and multi-asset investing and invest to meet a range of client objectives, including growth, income, total return and absolute return. We are also a global leader in sustainable investing.
They are currently looking to add an IT Service Delivery Analyst Apprentice to their team.
Duties will include:
- Assist the IT Support Manager and team members in the oversight of IT services using MI and other diagnostic tools to identify trends, service delivery issues and resource constraints, reporting concerns as appropriate.
- Ensures that service levels are agreed and met.
- Ensures the customer expectations are considered at all times.
- Incident and Problem Management
- Assists in the management of IT service issues and disruptions. Ensures timely and responsible resolution of service issues in line with agreed SLAs, including out-of-hours service disruptions (as deemed appropriate).
- Provide Incident management to critical service impacting issues; including representing IT at the Crisis Management Team.
- Accountable for the appropriate escalation of incidents with resolver groups - including the monitoring of resolution timelines against defined service agreements
- Provide accurate and timely communication of service issues and resolutions with business stakeholders
- Responsible for the oversight and ownership of high priority incident reporting and Future Preventative Action lifecycle processes
- Change Management
- Responsible for providing oversight and governance for all production changes including emergency changes.
- Chair European Change forums.
- Manage operation supplier change management
- Provide monthly service reporting for the IT to both Customer and Supplier service review boards
- Monitor suppliers applications against agreed system performance and capacity requirements
- Create and review monthly and ad-hoc Service reports containing SLA, KPI and KRI data
- Chair regular governance meetings with suppliers (3rd Party and Internal) to ensure monitoring and analysing of supplier performance and engagement
- Collate MI used to monitor the IT services with all relevant stakeholders.
- Responsible for producing the MI as input for relevant governance meetings
- Assists with the on boarding of new services and the transition of services effectively through appropriate communication, stakeholder engagement, and application of business knowledge.
- Ensure that Service Delivery services are provided in accordance with business and IT needs, including the provision of resources, as agreed with the IT Support Manager, during the agreed hours of business, and as part of the Programme Increment (PI) Planning Process
- Adheres to key service management processes (incident, problem, change, request), implementing aspects of these.
- Controls and manages the business-as-usual request queue for Service Delivery.
- Responsible for business engagement through the regular IT service reviews. Use the ITSM platform to obtain and interpret relevant MI data to understand service priorities, improve the operational effectiveness of services and to add additional value to the relevant business functions
- Provide support to Agile Delivery teams to ensure a quality and timely outcome, highlighting concerns to Project Managers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters and IT Management as appropriate.
- Monitor work for our third party (GTS) team members, ensuring quality and timely delivery.
- Carry out tasks as defined under internal and external audits, ensuring audit and risk actions are completed within agreed timescales.
- Undertake annual health-checks on key IT suppliers, submitting findings and recommendations to the IT Control Committee.
- Assist Service Delivery Team in managing relationships with key suppliers (where required), acting as an escalation point for supplier issues and assists with resolution of issues and incidents.
- Attends and minutes supplier review meetings, chairing the meetings as appropriate.
- Assist team members in management of stakeholders.
- Identify and engage with key stakeholders locally, regionally and globally where required.
- Keep abreast of new developments within the industry; understand the impact of current affairs on the business strategy, and projects initiated.
- Attend external forums; maintain external relationships within the industry.
- Propose improvements to (automate) processes, reports and procedures to ensure consistency, stability and reliability of systems is maintained, ensuring that all such work follows the standard change process.
- Responsible for compliance with the regulatory and legislative regime as it affects your role and for ensuring those risks are identified, reported and managed accordingly.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the jobholder may be required to perform other duties assigned by his/her manager from time to time so long as such duties are within the scope and ability of the jobholder.
- Problem Solving (Decision Making)
- Relationship Management (Networking)
- Stakeholder Management
- Culturally Aware
- Curious Mind
- Desire to Learn
- Salary £12,000 - £15,000
- 37.5 Hours Per week
- Aegon's Global Remuneration Framework applies to all Aegon employees around the world. In the markets were we compete for employees, salaries and incentive payments are based on the principle of market competitiveness and 'pay for performance'
- Employee performance is rewarded through non-financial benefits such as opportunities to work on interesting projects, development opportunities and long-term career growth. In some instances, performance is rewarded financially through variable compensation.
Future Career Progression:
- progression to a full time, fixed position
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.