A fantastic opportunity to be part of the IT team in this Academy high school. Benefiting from on the job learning in order to complete your Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship programme over this 18 month fixed term contract.
Looking for an Apprenticeship?
This apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to gain 'hands on' experience and relevant nationally recognised qualifications whilst also earning. It will provide you with the skills required for a wide range of jobs including IT Technician with Audio Visual, IT Clerk, Digital Assistant, and Website Technician.
This position will be based at Blessed William Howard Catholic High School in Stafford but may involve some work at our other schools within the multi-academy and its pyramid of primary schools. Just some of the experience you will gain will include:
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Developing, testing and implementing IT solutions to improve the school’s teaching & learning.
- Involvement in Ethernet based TCP/IP networking and wireless networking.
- Administering a Windows domain with an Azure cloud component.
- Routine maintenance and repair of computers.
- Assisting with the installation of hardware and software.
- Trouble shooting and configuration of Microsoft Windows servers and client computers in a domain including use of group policy.
- Assisting with the deployment of iOS devices, typically iPad Air and Enterprise wide iOS administration using Apple products.
- Assisting with the maintenance and operation of the multi-site print management system.
- Setting up and using Audio Visual equipment such as multimedia projectors and visualizers.
- Helping and training others to make effective use of IT systems and software.
- Supporting parents and students with common IT use problems.
- Assisting others with the use of common software applications such as Microsoft Office.
Desired skills and qualities:
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to travel between the Painsley South MAC
- Commitmentto further development through training
- A demonstrable interest and passion for it support work
Other desirable attributes:
Able to work on own initiative
Experience of an ICT environment
Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Excellent communication skills
Friendly and customer focused
Able to embrace change.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- At least 4 GCSE's, grade A* - C or equivalent, including Maths and English
- An IT qualification is desirable, but not essential
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose all criminal convictions. Further details regarding this check are available by visiting http://www.gov.uk/dbs
ThisSchool is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The benefits of an Apprenticeship:
- Learn while you work
- Develop practical skills and knowledge
- Gain job specific qualifications
- Learn from other team members
- Be paid while you learn
- Good progression into employment or further learning
We can offer:
- High quality training, development and work experience
- Recognised apprenticeship framework qualification
- Paid annual leave and flexible working hours
- A good support network throughout your qualification
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programmes offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.