We are currently seeking an ambitious and talented individual to join our apprenticeship programme and kick start their career in the technology sector.
This role will see you working from our modern office in the Team Valley Trading Estate, which is based just off A1 North. There are several local bus services in operation making the site easily accessible.
We offer free onsite parking for those who drive.
Primary duties will include:
- 1st Line Support Desk – answering calls and providing remote support
- Broadband, Telecom and Network fault troubleshooting
- Provisioning new orders for broadband and SIP/ISDN/PSTN lines
- Building cloud/on premise VoIP telephone systems
- General Maintenance and updates
Training to be delivered:
After enrolling in the programme, learners will attend 5 training modules with specialisms in Networking Fundamentals, Operating Systems, Cloud Technologies, Business Processes and Scripting and automation.
By completing the Infrastructure Technician Level 3 apprenticeship, learners will earn the following qualifications:
- BCS Award in Coding and Logic
- BCS Award in Business Processes
- Microsoft Technology Associate: Networking Fundamentals
- BCS Award in Mobile and Operating Systems
- BCS Award in Cloud Services
Desired skills and personal qualities:
- A strong passion for technology is a must
- Any previous experience assisting with technical issues would be beneficial
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Enthusiastic and professional attitude
Desired qualifications: [achieved / predicted]
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Perks / Benefits:
As well as on hand mentoring from our team of technical experts, you will also receive:
- First class training
- A desirable salary package
- “Cycle to Work Scheme”
[Full information will be available upon request]
Upon completion of this 15-month apprenticeship programme, the successful applicant would normally be awarded full time employment within the telecoms department at Smart IT.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.