A great opportunity based within the IT team to be able to learn a variety of skills to ensure a great start to an IT career.
For all areas of the IT department with main focus on EPOS, desktop and web support the IT Apprentice will:
- Receive and record all calls from users; dealing directly with simple requests and complaints
- Provide initial assessment of all incidents, making a first attempt at incident resolution and escalating to second and third line of support where appropriate
- Take responsibility for ownership of incidents and ensuring the user is kept informed of progress
- Work with the Edinburgh University Students’ Association’s staff to ensure equipment meets the users’ requirements
- Maintaining an accurate, up to date and complete log of all knowledge and information
- Assist in user acceptance of any new systems and technologies
- Laisse with external providers where needed to ensure continued service delivery
- As a member of Support Services staff to work as part of that team undertaking related duties as appropriate
- Assess recurring issues, investigate them and use appropriate methods to resolve the root cause using agreed processes
- To assist in providing help desk cover along with other IT staff
- Work towards a successful completion of SVQ Levels 6 and 8 certificates
- Implement newly acquired skills, knowledge and SVQ qualifications across the Association to improve service quality
We are looking for self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who are eager to learn and would thrive working in a busy IT team.
- The university of Edinburgh has a employee benefit scheme
- Upon completion, the candidate will have 2 years of highly recognisable and sought after IT experience. We have a 100% full time employment rate into both the private sector and the University. Our candidates are usually head hunted before their 2 years are up.
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.