The company have had a financially successful year which enables the continuous investment in its business and employees and it is looking to invest in a further apprentice to support the IT function.
- Answer calls on the Service Desk
- Act as 1st line technical support to the companies leisure sites
- System configuration support for the Legend Leisure Management system, Bleep EPOS, CAP2 swimming course software and Spektrix ticketing system
- Maintenance of users, ensuring correct access is granted
- Maintenance of purchase items, including price changes, new items etc.
- Configuration of leisure classes and bookings
- Assisting with system updates and implementing new features
- Maintain the security and integrity of sensitive data
- Providing IT support and advice to sites over the telephone and email
- Working remotely to support user software on PC's and tablets
- IT proficient with an interest in system configuration
- Maintain good personal awareness of industry developments
- An ability to install, configure and troubleshoot software, in particular programmes such as Windows 10, Google Apps and MS Office.
- An ability to install, configure and troubleshoot software.
- Meticulous and organised
- Enthusiastic, hardworking and good at problem solving
- Have good communication skills
- Able to work within tight deadlines and timescales
- Have great attention to detail
- A current UK driving licence would be desirable but is not essential.
- Able to work with a high degree of independence and as part of a team
- Able to manage your time efficiently and have the willingness to take a hands on approach
- Able to build strong relationships with others
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels both in writing and verbally
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm (37.5 hours a week)
On successful completion of your apprenticeship we hope to offer you a fulltime permanent position within the companies IT Department with a Competitive salary package, Generous annual leave, Employee discount portal (discounts on travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending) and continue to invest in your Career progression by offering you ongoing Training and Development.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.