QinetiQ is British multinational defense Technology Company headquartered in UK with locations throughout the globe. Qinetiq provides technology-based products and services to numerous government and commercial customers. It has a long-term partnership with the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) to provide test and evaluation services and manage military ranges. Not only is Qinetiq an exciting an innovative company it has a strong culture and values.
They are currently looking for an IT Apprentice to join their Balivanich base. The Hebrides teams are involved in the installation, maintenance and through life support of IT, electronic and communications systems used to support the delivery of test and evaluation trials for the UK MoD and our allies.
Embarking on a modern apprenticeship at SCQF Level 6 in IT and Telecommunications and then progressing on to a higher technical Apprenticeship, leading to a SCQF Level 8.
If you have the following skills and are ambitious to succeed then apply today!
In this role you will be:
- Focusing on gaining a broad understanding of the way the range operates and how the engineering team supports the trials we do. Including introductory on the job training for a variety of systems i.e. ground to air communications and trials control equipment.
- You will be involved in gaining practical hands on experience (under instruction) on completing some of the basic maintenance activities and daily checks required to keep the systems operational.
- Installing and commissioning new systems which involves installing, terminating and testing copper and fibre systems.
- Fault finding on both the comms and IT systems.
- Attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills,
- Ability to work individually or as a team player
- excellent communication skills
- Focused and ambitious
- Salary £16,000 pa + Bonus + Incentives
- Approximately 35 hours per week
- Staff benefits
- The role is very practical and hands on. We work with you to obtain your mast and towers working at height tickets so you can get involved with climbing teams and related working at height activities. This can also include working on the remote island of St Kilda which requires the successful completion of the helicopter underwater escape training.
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.