An exciting opportunity has arisen for a IT Apprentices to play an important role within an ambitious IT team.
We are looking for anenthusiastic individual who wants to develop in the IT department working towards achieving a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship.
You will be involved in: User Support, User Training, Project Support, Data Services & Research & Development.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- User SupportAssist users in successfully resolving problems encountered using any IT system deployed within the company in a timely and efficient manner. To provide a knowledge base to the users of the company's IT systems using the in-house helpdesk application and to liaise on their behalf with third party specialists and service providers.
- User TrainingCreate and maintain standard ITtraining templates to be used asITtraining materials for staff in relation tothe companiesIT systems and to provide one to one user training where required for the IT systems installed at the company.
- Project SupportAssist on any projects undertaken by the IT department as required in relation to the setup and configuration of software / hardware with associated support documentation and to assist in the setting up of user testing and user training.
- Data ServicesProvide a centre of excellence for the use of data and data sources within the company by ensuring all business stakeholders are aware the different data sources within the different IT systems, thus enabling them to make better use of the data sources available to them in order produce better quality data required to make informed business decisions.
- Research and DevelopmentTo assist and work as part of the team when investigating new developments in IT systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good organisation skills and be willing to learn
- High attention to detail with problem solving skills
- Ambition, strong work ethic and open to new ideas
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and creativity in the use of information technology
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Monday to Friday - hours between 8am and 5:30pm.
£8,092 per annum.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programmes offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.