To support the IT Team in expanding the IT function.
- Provide IT support for any software/hardware issues that arise
- Provide IT support for any phone/network issues that arise
- Setup new joiners with a laptop/desktop/phone and any peripherals as necessary
- Setup new users on CIMS/Taskye (FISco in house Facilities Management system)
- Liaise with 3rd party IT support company about any IT issues that need escalating (they predominantly look after the server/network infrastructure, but have admin access to login remotely and look at desktop support issues also)
- Perform IT asset management
- Continually look for ways to improve/enhance the way that FISco use technology and suggest improvements to the senior management team at management meetings
Desired skills and personal qualities:
Education- A good general education is essential in a subject allied to the areas of IT
Experience- General IT experience is required, but a bright individual with common sense is required
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel).
- Proactive, analytical and logical thinker.
- Strong commercial skills coupled with excellent communication skills.
- Accurate in the use of detailed spread sheets.
- Self-motivating and enthusiastic team player.
- Flexible and hard working.
- Willing to be involved in all aspects of the business.
- Innovative, imaginative and able to use initiative.
- As a team player will contribute to team building.
- Able to grow and develop with the business
Benefits: 25 days paid holiday, and your birthday off
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.