We are looking for an apprentice to join our skilled team of support staff.
Primarily the main purpose will be to support the company's technicians - with a view to grow into a technician role after completing the apprenticeship.
- Answering telephone calls
- Taking details of client's problem/requirement
- Asking relevant questions to get additional detail
- Offering technical assistance if and when appropriate
- Logging enquiry details onto call logging system
- Shadowing technicians both in the company’s workshop and on client premises
- Utilising inactive periods to further their studies
- Assisting administrative staff with their duties
Desirable skills & personal qualities:
- A passion for technology
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade C or above.
We offer excellent training and have offered our former apprenticespositions within the company as full time technicians and given the opportunity to develop a career with the company with more responsibilities, a new job title and pay increases - on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.