Working to gain a Modern Apprenticeship in IT, you will provide desktop and laptop support throughout the College and participate in the daily functions of the IT Department’s Support Services Team to ensure they meet service level goals, as well as provide exemplary customer service and support to their clients.
The importance of ICT within the College has grown over recent years as have the demands placed
upon this business area.
- Principal Accountabilities
- Support desktop, laptop, mobile and other devices (such as printers, interactive boards and projectors)
- Work within the team on installation, maintenance and application of patches, revisions, troubleshooting, repair and vendor support
- Assist with the delivery of ICT infrastructure projects
- Maintain printer supplies and report faults
- Manages helpdesk tasks and participants in the daily activities of the Support Services Team
- Provide good verbal and written communication with staff and students
- Update ICT policy and user documentation
- Maintain asset management system with changes.
- To comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety, welfare,
- security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting any concerns to the appropriate
These key tasks are not intended to be exhaustive, but they highlight a number of major tasks that the post-holder may be reasonably expected to undertake.Skills and Experience:
- Someone with a keen interest in IT
- A can-do attitude
- A willingness to learn
- 35 hours per week
- Monday - Friday
- £10,000 - £12,000
- Complimentary refreshments during hours of work, a good working environment as part of a close-knit team
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.