Are you a technically minded problem solver?
We are looking for an enthusiastic IT Savvy apprentice to join our existing IT support team . A good understanding and interest in all things IT would be required to be successful in this role.
All in house training and support will be provided from our existing I.T support team who have a wealth of knowledge and experience in all things I.T.
We are a well established energy provider and offer great longterm career prospects to all our staff and have proven track record in successfully supporting apprentices into the workplace
You will also be gaining further training and support from our training partner QA who will guide and help you work towards achieving your SQCF Level 6 diploma in IT.
Certas are part of the DCC group, DCC are an international sales, marketing, distribution and business support services group with revenues over £10.6 billion. The group is headquartered in Ireland and employs 10,500 people in 15 countries.
• Basic Citrix skills; disconnection and resetting of Citrix sessions and the ability to distinguish an individual error opposed to a site/system issue, escalating to 2nd Line when appropriate.
• SpliceCom telephone system call reporting software use.
• Good Codas skills ensuring that all aspects of user support are met including creation and deletion of user accounts. Provide Support and advise on complex Codas issues
• Working knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office applications to compile reports and produce presentations in particular Excel and PowerPoint.
• Maintain the Asset Register within Web Help Desk so that all records are accurately documented and available for warranty related issues.
• Control and raise IT purchase orders, related paperwork and Capex requirements.
• Assist with the production of the IT Capex budget.
• Assist with the compilation of the Knowledge Base within Web Help Desk so that all processes, procedures and current workarounds are available to Service Desk Analysts.
• Manage the printer, copier and MFD consumables process ensuring the process is simple and fast for the internal users.
• Ensure key suppliers are frequently challenged on costs and prices are reviewed at least every six months for the consumables.
• Assist with business acquisition Codas setup and support if required.
• Assist with the production of presentations and reports
• Arrange meetings and organise travel plans on behalf of the team
• Collect mail and organise courier collections and deliveries
• Be the first point of contact via phone, or email, to all Certas users, ensuring that every contact is logged, resolved or escalated to the appropriate Network and Infrastructure Analyst for resolution when required.
• Log, manage and resolve 1st line tasks using the Web Helpdesk software to agreed timescales and internal Service Level Agreements. Frequent communication to the users so that they are informed of task progress including closure of the job.
• Assist in the Management of Web Help Desk data through identification and investigation of “aged” tickets, liaising with the owner of the ticket for status/progress and ensuring that the customers are regularly contacted and given updates. Be proactive in all outstanding incidents and assist, where appropriate with their resolution.
• Assist in project work as and when required.
• Ensure the integrity of the user data, by updating as necessary – Web Help Desk and Active Director.
• Produce / Maintain documentation for procedures, policies or processes (User Guides etc.) when requested.
• Assist / provide training to colleagues where required.
• Ensure users adhere to current company E-Mail and Information Security policies.
• Administrative support of 2nd line personnel when necessary.
• Unsupervised depot visits.
• Excellent communication skills
• Good telephone manner
• Patience and understanding when communicating with users
• Time management skills
• Willingness to help and train others
• Ability to work alone and unsupervised and prioritise work according to business needs.
• Analytical skills & problem solving
• Being able to work as part of a team in a professional, responsive and effective manner
• Co-ordination skills
• Good documentation and presentation skills.
• Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm
• £12,000 per annum
• Annual leave 28 days inc bank holidays
Future Career Progression:
• Long term employment- various routes can be on offer to someone who is willing to develop throughout 2nd line support to IT engineer base roles
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.