Freeze was born during this radical skiing revival. Selling his first set of skis from his Edinburgh garage in the winter of 1999, Neil Mitchel founded what was to become the first shop in the world to exclusively cater to the free ski culture. No racing, no moguls, no Nordic and certainly no lycra! Just Freeski.
The first ‘real’ shop opened its doors a few months later in 2000. Freeze soon became the go-to shop for a thriving community of local skiers and snowboarders. All across the UK, we sponsored riders, events, clubs and even had a big branded pick-up truck, all in a bid to share our stoke for the skiing and snowboarding culture with as many like-minded people as possible.
Over the next 20 years, Freeze has grown from strength to strength. Four shops and three warehouses later. Our product offering has expanded to include surf, outdoor and wake.
Freeze was founded around a principle that with the right gear, paired with the right knowledge we can empower a community and share our passion and culture. A local shop for the whole world. Equipping your next adventure.
- Create Product listings for all items in the Website Inventory system
- Ensure all listings have accurate information such as Prices, Codes and Tags
- Add all relevant product images and videos to each product listing on Website
- Allocate all products to relevant categories to maximise customer experience and Sales
- Accurately manage product creation in time with product deliveries
- Work closely with the warehouse Goods-In team to ensure products arriving are handled efficiently
- Work alongside other merchandisers to understand brand and product performance to build a global product overview
- Work alongside the buying function to ensure sales are maximised
- Liaise with buying and marketing to ensure product launches are on time and in line with functional calendar with best product listings
- Review website regularly to ensure stock information is up to date and accurate
- Price Markdown analysis and actions in peak markdown weeks to understand trading performance and maximise sales.
- Assist when required, in the building of relationships between the commercial teams (marketing, e-commerce and buying and merchandising) and the supplier network.
- Work alongside other teams within the company, building new ideas and strategies in line with the vision and values of Freeze.
- Any other reasonable ad hoc tasks as requested by Commercial Director and or line management.
Someone who is good with numbers, an analytical thinker, a keen eye for detail, strong written and verbal communication skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Monday - Friday
- £11,000 per annum
- The chance to join a young and dynamic team working with products and activities that we love
- Experience working in a fast-paced e-commerce business that’s experiencing strong growth in international markets
- A fresh new working environment
- The opportunity to learn and develop your skills in a professional environment
- Regular staff nights out and fun activities to get involved in
- Significant discounts on snow, surf and outdoor product
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.