Office based in Leatherhead and subject to working to a shift pattern, the Service Centre First Line Engineer is an intrinsic part of the Service Centre and Support Services department whose primary responsibility is take receipt of all incoming support tickets, emails and phone calls from our Customers and begin a triage process in order to resolve them in a timely and effective manner thus upholding our service levels.
With a career aspiration to moving into 2nd line support in either networking, unified comms, Microsoft or projects this role will also form contingency for the administration of Support Services which entails manipulation and reporting from system data efficiently and effectively. This will also include ad-hoc reporting.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Point of contact for all incoming support tickets
- thus taking receipt of system generated, email and phone call tickets into the Service Centre
- Respond to all telephone calls in a timely and professional manner
- Manage the service centre inbox, ensuring all customer issues are raised and assigned to the correct employee within the given SLA
- Log and manage all reactive service calls onto the service management system, ensuring that any relevant information is obtained and recorded
- Performing ticket triage to perform a first time fix
- Continually improve by reducing repeat tickets
- Passing assessed tickets through to appropriate 2nd level support function(s)
- Meet personal and team productivity and quality targets in line with Service Centre targets
- Establish and maintain high levels of process documentation relevant to the role
- Create and maintain strong customer relationships
- Be contingency for administrative support to the team and support services within the priorities, and timescales set by the Service Centre Manager
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
- A technical bias with Networking, Unified Comms or Microsoft
- Team Leader experience is advantageous
- Experience in a helpdesk/service desk/NOC environment, working to SLAs and using ‘trouble-ticket’ applications would be beneficial
- Excellent Office 365 skills
- Excellent Office Application Skills (i.e. Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook)
- Good understanding of SharePoint
- Excellent and demonstrable written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to efficiently multi-task
- Team player – Great interaction skills
- Excellent customer-facing skills
- Proven customer services skills
Please also note, due to the importance of Customer reporting at the beginning of each month, the ideal candidate will avoid taking holiday during the first week of each month.
Desired qualification requirements:
Must have 3 GCSEs A-C/9-4 Grades plus Maths and English grade D/3 or Equivalent)
Working week: 9:00am-5:00pm
Salary: £17000 - £18000 per Annum
- Possibility of full time employment.
- Possibility of further training anddevelopment.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.