The Infrastructure Technician Apprentice will support the IT and Telecoms Infrastructure Manager and wider IT team in the day-to-day running of the studios from an IT perspective.
Principle accountabilities and Main responsibilities:
- Assists the IT and Telecoms Infrastructure Manager with the day to day running of all three studios
- Learn about analogue, TDM and IP telephone
- Learn about complex IP networks and the standard protocols
- Learn about large scale optical fibre and copper networks, including fault finding
- Assist with the installation of copper and optical networks, including their termination
- Learn about structure cabling
- Learn about Dslams and DSL
- Learn about the maintenance of CCTV
- Support the Head of IT & Cyber Security in the day to day management of IT service support
Desired skills, qualities and experience:
- Basic computer skills, including MS Office
Skills and behaviours:
- Customer service driven
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Willing to learn and apply knowledge into practical work
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade C or above.
40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.
You’ll have the opportunity to progress into a full-time permanent position or progress onto a higher apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.