Currently seeking 2 Apprentices to join their growing team, which a few of them were apprentices too in the past.
Main responsibilities: [your duties will be as follows:]
- Work with clients to understand details of faults
- Resolving faults and explaining to the client the work you have carried out
- Working with and escalating more complex issues to the technical team
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone
- Fixing and maintaining equipment such as printers, laptops, PC’s and tablets
- Assisting with system upgrades and setting up new devices
- Recording problems within CRM systems so that task histories can be reviewed
- Provide excellent customer service
- Identify the need for system and equipment updates
- To co-ordinate and provide prioritised technical support and advice to clients.
- To assist in the design, implementation and configuration of IT systems at client sites.
- To ensure adequate arrangements are in place for the security of data, systems and hardware.
- To respond without delay to clients IT needs and issues.
- To successfully complete relevant training and demonstrate a commitment to continuous development.
- To demonstrate a willingness to work flexibly sometimes outside of core hours, in response to service demands.
- To manage time effectively and achieve targets and deadlines.
- To maintain an awareness of new and innovative technologies.
- To perform such other tasks as may reasonably be required by your direct line manager.
- To carry out all duties in accordance with the company Equal Opportunities Policy.
Desired skills and Personal qualities:
- A keen interest in the information technology industry, with a willingness to learn and a can do attitude.
- The ability to communicate at all levels, in particular, with non-technical users, showing consideration and providing explanations in terms they can understand.
- The ability to remain focused and take a logical approach to solving problems.
- The ability to prioritise and manage tasks
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of all Microsoft Office applications, Windows operating systems and competent with iOS and Android devices.
- Stays abreast of current trends and technology and makes recommendations that will help us keep up with technology standards in the industry.
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
This is a long term career opportunity for the right candidate, with scope for further development and your salary will be increased (Depending on performance review).
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.