Brief job description:
We have an exciting new opportunity for an ICT Technician with Viosec Systems, which is a security Systems Company based in Stockport.
Your role will be to work in a small team providing overall day to day ICT logistics support for the company and customers. Some maintenance of websites and app experience would be advantageous. The role includes identifying, targeting and developing our existing website to improve our customer experience whilst adding new products, imagery and descriptions. Experience in software development (Web), Infrastructure Technician, Digital Marketer and Cyber security is an advantage but is by no means essential. Learning how to dial into systems to offer technical support will be essential, however, training courses will be given to expand your knowledge on this.
Training to be provided:
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
Main duties and responsibilities: [will include:]
- Provide ICT support to the company
- Operate and manage spreadsheets and app management
- Repair and provide maintenance to ICT equipment
- Maintaining returns department
- General office admin such as, using Microsoft packages, sending emails to clients
- Maintain all ICT Technician Equipment/Spares and maintain good organisation within Technician space
- Installing hard drives into machines sold to clients
- Viosec Systems own website and app management
- Maintaining technical support department
- Assist technical enquiries from customers over the phone
- Be willing to go on additional training courses that the company will provide to better personal development
- Good understanding of fundamental computer knowledge
- Problem solver
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Professional manner on the phone
- A love for technology
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a busy environment
- Good time management and punctuality
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- (Optional) HTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Adobe photo shop or equivalent
Monday – Friday / 40 hours per week.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position after your initial 3-month probationary period.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.