Oasis are keen to recruit a pro-active Technical IT Apprentice with a can-do, mature attitude towards their work. You will be required to undertake a variety of tasks and gain all round experience within a busy technical environment including:
- Ensuring the smooth running of ICT systems to facilitate Teaching, Learning, Administration and Leadership.
- Allowingthe effective use of ICT by Teaching Staff, Admin Staff, Leadership and Students and to improve both their understanding of ICT and their experience of its use.
- Providing remote and face to face technical support in line with the academy’s ICT support service definition.
- Supportingpupils and staff in the appropriate use of ICT, through advice or training.
Main role and responsibilities:
Desktop & Application Support:
- Connect, set up and check PCs and peripherals for normal operation.
- Detect, diagnose and resolve PC, peripheral and application errors.
Server & Network Support:
- Set up hardware and perform basic checking of networked PCs, including diagnosis of networking/Server/Proxy issues.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks for user accounts; run basic network monitoring reports and utilities.
Configuration & Installation:
- Install new hardware, Repair current hardware and reload software on desktops/laptops following release management procedures.
- Always ensure that all new deployments, repairs and fixes are fully tested.
Continuity, Maintenance & Security:
- Follow academy backup, virus protection and security procedures.
- Note risks to ICT systems and suggest precautions; follow extended maintenance procedures.
Service Request Management:
- Investigate requests for support; record diagnostic information, retrieve details of similar requests and either resolve or escalate to the appropriate level.
- Respond to support requests according to academy procedures, recording detailed diagnostic information and using appropriate knowledgebase/logs to inform diagnosis and resolution.
Health & Safety:
- Carry out basic safety checks to make sure ICT resources are safe for use
- Good verbal and writtencommunication skills
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to problem solve
- Enthusiastic approach to customer service
- Strong interest in IT
- Experience working within IT or an Educational environment
- Team player
- Proactive learner
- Happy to work with young children and young people
- Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people
- Committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young children.
Please note you must be willing to undergo an enhanced CRB check for this role.
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.