We are now seeking an ambitious and talented individual to join their apprenticeship programme and kick start their career in the technology sector.
This role will see you working from our modern office in the Team Valley Trading Estate, which is based just off A1 North, there are several local bus services in operation making the site easily accessible. We also offer free onsite parking for those who drive.
As well as on hand mentoring from our team of technical experts you will also receive first class training, a desirable salary package, along with the “Cycle to Work Scheme”. Full information available upon request.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- 1st Line Support Desk – answering calls and providing remote support
- Broadband, Telecom and Network fault troubleshooting
- Provisioning new orders for broadband and SIP/ISDN/PSTN lines
- Building cloud/on premise VoIP telephone systems
- General Maintenance and updates
Upon completion of this 12-15 month apprenticeship programme, the successful applicant would normally be awarded full time employment within the telecoms department at Smart IT.
- A strong passion for technology is a must
- Any previous experience assisting with technical issues would be beneficial
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Enthusiastic and professional attitude
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.Find out morehttps://bit.ly/3yB24mH
37.5 hours a week.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programmes offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.