We are currently recruiting a Digital Marketing Apprentice for an exciting role within our in-house eCommerce team at DF Sales Ltd, Gloucestershire. The successful candidate(s) will be working on our own range of eCommerce websites that currently generate in excess of £6 million per year. Working within a young ambitious team you will play a key role in pushing the company’s efforts online.
The role includes helping to maintain and optimise our websites to ensure the millions of yearly visitors have the best possible experience. The job will cover all areas of eCommerce from acquiring new visitors through to improving our websites to increase sales. This creates a unique role that enables our new member to learn everything there is to know about how successful websites are built, managed and improved upon.
Main role and responsibilities:
Day to day tasks include:
- Make sure our websites rank highly in search engines
- Bring our products to life through the use of imagery and content
- Create newsletters that will be sent to tens of thousands of customers
- Design for websites and print advertisements
- Improve website layouts on desktop, tablet and mobile
- Improve our paid advertising campaigns
- Organise and maintain blogs
- Help to develop the companies internal IT systems
- Ad hoc marketing duties
What we are looking for in an apprentice:
Although any existing digital marketing skills would be beneficial, it is definitely not a requirement. It is more important to us that you are willing and keen to learn new skills and put these into practice to help develop our websites.
All skills required for the job can be taught by our in-house digital team, meaning this is a great opportunity for anyone looking to start out in the web industry. Our in-house training program ensures all employees have a clear career path within the company that will eventually teach all the necessary skills to develop them into a Senior Digital Marketing Executive, playing a vital role within the business.
Skills beneficial to the role:
- Keen to learn new skills
- Interested in websites
- Hardworking and productive
- Good written and verbal communication
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS (although not essential)
- Problem solving skills
- 3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
9am-4:30pm on Friday.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.