We are seeking a designer/Desk top publicist to join our close knit and experienced team.
Reporting to the Head of Design, the apprentice will need a wide range of design and creative capabilities as well as the ability to meet deadlines in a high pressure environment.
Applicants will be developing their existing skills by working on a range of ambitious and innovative projects.
An understanding of digital, typography, layout and art direction will be needed to help the team produce the best work possible.
A good knowledge of the following software is required:
Communication is a big part of the job, so the junior designer must feel confident enough to contribute to the entire creative process. Keeping a finger on the pulse of current trends.
You’ll be joining an experienced and passionate team, with the opportunity to work across a range of exciting in-house projects and fresh new projects. Through brand design, creative direction and print collateral you will have the chance to develop new and bigger ideas. You will support the Head of Design with the delivery of quality creative work and enhance your existing skills working as part of an established team on a range of projects for in-house and external clients.
What we’re looking for:
We want to hear from someone who has a genuine passion for working at Ortho-Care. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about their role and wants to invest their time and effort into creating outstanding pieces of work that will promote the company. We are looking for someone who can work effectively and maintain brand standards with a keen eye for detail.
If you are a natural creative with an eagerness to continue developing your skills in a growing agency, we want to see your work. Digital design experience would be advantageous.
Main role / Responsibilities:
The specific details of the junior designer’s role will vary depending on task, but common activities will include:
- Offering input to creative meetings and sharing ideas
- Producing attractive and effective designs for all media
- Communicating with senior team members to give and receive feedback
- Liaising effectively with other team members
- Supporting the wider team throughout the execution of campaigns and projects
- Assisting with the production of quality creative work
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Working closely within the wider department to ensure a collaborative approach to creative work at all times
- Working independently on design projects as deemed appropriate by senior colleagues
- Ensuring that all creative material is provided in correct format for publication/sign off within given timeframes
- Ensuring all round compliance of creative material to all brand elements such as look and feel and corporate and visual identity
- Providing ideas, concepts and inspiration at team meetings
- Generally supporting the team throughout the successful execution of projects and campaigns, including artwork administration and archiving duties
You will need a wide range of design and creative capabilities. These include:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Some creative agency or previous in-house experience would be beneficial
- The ability to see projects through from inception to delivery
- Consistency regardless of project size
- Good organisational skills that support the rest of the team
- The motivation to maintain and improve design standards
- The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Important Information: QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.