The successful candidate will have the opportunity to jump straight into an ever-growing industry and learn the aspects that help businesses worldwide generate revenue and showcase their work.
Learn how to structure, maintain and improve a website for any sized business.
- Content managing websites
- Building websites using basic fundamentals (CSS and HTML) as well as WordPress builders
- Preparation and planning online website builds
- Plugin integration
- Creating and setting up online shops and ecommerce sites (using WooCommerce)
- The basics of Search Engine Optimisation
- Server side tasks such as email setups, understanding website files and databases
- Online marketing and social media marketing
- Ability to work as a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Eager to learn
- Genuine interest in design and aesthetics
- Be inquisitive
- Someone who has good written skills
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt
- Someone who understands the web and is proficient using it
- Someone who likes dogs
Minimum of 5 GCSEs (A-C or 9-4),
Maths and English (C / 4) or above.
8am - 4pm or 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday / 35hrs per week.
A full-time position is available for those that perform well over the course of the apprenticeship. Blue Whale have much experience taking on and developing people to become qualified and experienced digital professionals.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.