- Responsible for the delivery of design, development, testing and deployment tasks of projects and requests for service to agreed requirements and timescale.
- Responsible for owning support requests while acting as the nominated Support Agent.
- Contribute to the learning and development of team members.
Demonstrating a wide range of skills and behaviours:
- System Design (DESN)
- Database/repository design (DBDS)
- Information content authoring (INCA)
- Programming / Software development (PROG Level 3)
- Testing (TEST)
- Systems installation and decommissioning (HSIN)
- Application support (ASUP)
- Service desk and incident management (USUP)
- IT Operations (ITOP)
- Database administration (DBAD)
The Apprentice Developer will be able to demonstrate a good technical understanding of Amazon Web Services, including:
- Elastic Compute Cloud
- Elastic Block Store
- Route 53
- Windows Server 2008
- SQL Server 2008 R2 and 2012
- Internet Information Services
- Umbraco CMS (Version 4, Version 6, Version 7)
- ASP.Net using C# and VB.Net, MVC, Entity Framework
- Deploying and managing .Net Framework code
Managing code in a source code controlled environment, including:
Desirable skills and personal qualities:
Demonstrate good technical understandingSmart, sociable and self-motivatedExcited about a career in ITDesirable have hobbies that are IT related (develop apps or blog about the latest games or tech)
7 GCSE or equivalent at grade A - C / 7 - 4 including Maths and English
An ICT GCSE or equivalent would be desirable, but not essential
For the right candidate, there may be opportunities for career development within the organisation should a vacancy be available.Potential to progress to higher level or degree apprenticeship also.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.